Instructions for registration of taxpayer
If you are a first time taxpayer - you must register in one of the eight regional offices for your taxpayer number (TPN). This can be done through walk-ins to the regional office where you intend to pay your tax and through online application. E-Registration For individuals who do not have TPN. Follow the instructions given below:
- Click on the link Register Taxpayer in the home page.
- Select any one of the categories as per your requirement from the questionnaire page.
- Enter the security code as shown in the image and continue to registration.
- Provide relevant personal and address details in the forms. Fields marked with asterisks (*) are mandatory.
- Select the appropriate Regional Revenue and Customs Office (RRCO) where you intend to file your returns.
- Upload the required document(s) in the annexure page. You can also provide the document number and submit the document(s) manually to the RRCO concerned.
- You can review your information by clicking in the review button.
- Check the declaration check box and submit your application.
- An application reference number (ARN) will be generated which is used for tracking your application status. The same is also sent in your email inbox if you have provided email id.
- You will receive your TPN along with user id and password after your application is approved by DRC in your inbox.
- TPN is used to log into Revenue Administration Management Information System (RAMIS) and is required for all your transactions and correspondences with DRC.
- Detailed user manual can be downloaded from the download section